Google

About Me

Image
'I am different , not less .' Temple Grandin A little introduction and a hello from me. What to say?  My name is Sarah and I am 37 years old.  I live in the North West of England and wanted a place to share my story. Having been diagnosed with autism as an adult, I wanted to share my experiences, trials and tribulations and of course the down right funny! So, you are thinking “If I keep reading, what’s in it for me?” " What journey will you take me on?" I want you to feel you are not alone,  I want to invite you all to the virtual party.   

In pursuit of Happiness





Today I am really catching Skeletor feels.  

Its a fine line between enjoying your own company and feeling alone.

Like a lot of autistic people, anxiety tends to hold my hand constantly.  With that and sensory over/under stimulations, venturing out can be hard.

I am the kind of person to go on holiday and cannot wait until they return home.  My four walls are my sanctuary.  

So what can I do to not feel lonely?

I did a tried and trusted method of Google search and Wiki How (with pictures) is the top hit.

Go to the park and simply sit on a bench to watch the passers-by. Give your brain some stimuli to distract you from your negative feelings. Spending time in nature can have a positive impact on your mental health. Getting outside can actually reduce stress, and may also help improve your physical health as well


To be honest.  I think I am going to stick to being Skeletor with a glass of wine and chilling in my slanket!

Top Tips or links appreciated in the comments!
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Autism - What is it?

About Me

The Eyes Are The Windows To The Soul